|Race Name||United Airlines Guam Marathon 2020|
|Organizer||Guam Sports Events, Inc.|
|Title Sponsor||United Airlines|
|Gold Sponsors||Guam Visitors Bureau and Pacific Islands Club|
|Race Distance|| Marathon|
|Date & Time||Sunday, April 5, 2020|
12:00 a.m. – Hilton and Proa intersections
12:00 a.m. – Pacific Star Resort & Spa Intersection
1:00 a.m. – Marine Corps Drive Two Lane closure from K-Mart to Adelup
1:00 a.m. – Marine Corps Drive southbound lane closure from Adelup to T. Stell Newman Visitor Center. Northbound lanes converted into two-way traffic.
All races start and finish at Gov. Joseph Flores Memorial Park (Ypao Beach).
3:00 a.m. Marathon Start
4:00 a.m. Half Marathon Start
5:00 a.m. 10K Start
6:00 a.m. 5K Start
10:00 a.m. Hagatna, Asan/Maina, Piti
11:00 a.m. Tamuning/Tumon
|Competition Rules||The course cut-off time will be 7 hours from the start of the Marathon. Runners must reach the turnaround for the marathon at the T. Stell Newman Visitor Center in Sumay within 4 hours from the gun start. The cut-off time will be enforced at each checkpoint due to limited duration of traffic control, security operation and event operation. The runners who fail to pass through the checkpoint before the cut-off time, will be disqualified from the race. Furthermore, trailing runners who lag excessively behind the cut-off time pace may be asked to leave the course at any time.|
|Eligibility||Marathon and Half Marathon: Must be at
least 14 years of age on race day. Runners 14 – 17 years of age must
obtain parental/guardian approval to participate.|
10K and 5K: Runners 17 years of age and below must obtain parental/guardian approval to participate.
|Pre-race check-in||Race bibs and timing chips will be available for pick up at the Håfa Adai Expo|
|Håfa Adai Expo|| EXPO HOURS: |
Friday, April 3 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pacific Islands Club Pacific Pavilion
|Post Race BBQ Beach Party||Post-Race Beach Party begins at 6:30 am at the Gov. Joseph Flores Memorial Park (Ypao Beach), Tumon|
|Miscellaneous||If the event is cancelled due to any reason beyond the control of the organizer, the entry fee will NOT be refunded to the runner. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. All information published is subject to change or expiration without notice. All runners bear the sole responsibility of being informed of race rules and regulations.|
|Weather Conditions||Precautions should be taken against heat and humidity. Proper hydration and nutrition prior to the race are extremely important as the temperatures in Guam will likely be in the high 80s with humidity in the 80 to high 90 percent range. A long-distance event with these conditions can be dangerous for those who are insufficiently trained and prepared. If this is your first time participating in a running event of this length in a warm and humid climate, take fluids at each of the Aid Stations.|
|Race Rules/Course Instructions||1. Runners will NOT be able to participate in more than one (1) event.|
2. The race number that you have MUST match the name on your race registration form. The timing of the race is based on the race number. Race bibs must be worn on the front of each runner and clearly visible at all times. Runners without an official number may not cross the finish line. Race bibs are not transferable and those not adhering to this rule are subject to disqualification. Race bibs cannot be picked up on race day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. In-line skates, pets and bicycles are PROHIBITED on the course.
4. The race course is marked with bright orange traffic cones. Stay within the coned lanes to ensure your safety as well as to provide runners coming from the opposite direction with a clear path.
5. Course marshals will be stationed throughout all the race courses. They will be highly visible and able to offer immediate assistance. Water will be available at Aid Stations throughout the course. Emergency Medical Technicians from the Guam Fire Department and Guam Police Department will monitor the race courses to provide assistance when needed.
6. Upon crossing the finish line please proceed as directed. Once you have passed through the finish area, do not return. Be courteous and make room for other finishers. When you exit the finisher’s chute you will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal.
7. Results will be available at the Results Tent at the Post-Race Beach Party.