1. I heard the 2020 United Airlines Guam Marathon is now a virtual event. When is it scheduled?
The virtual event has been extended and will be held from Saturday, September 5, 2020 and now ending on Sunday, September 20, 2020. In accordance with your government mandates, please exercise appropriate safety measures when doing so.
Registrants who registered prior to April 2020 are automatically entered to run the virtual race on their own or safely socially distanced with friends and family. All registrants for the 2020 event automatically deferred to 2021 at no additional cost. Additional instructions and details will be emailed as soon as possible.
2. What is a virtual run?
A virtual run allows you to cover the miles of your chosen event– marathon, half marathon, 10K or 5K – on your own or you can run safely socially distanced with friends and family. You pick the place and the time. Please follow guidelines for appropriate social distancing.
3. I registered prior to April 2020, do I have to re-register and pay the participation fee again if I would like to join the virtual event?
No, you don’t have to re-register and pay the fee again. All participants who were originally entered in the United Airlines Guam Marathon are automatically registered for the UGM Goes Virtual. Also your 2020 race entry will be deferred for the 2021 event at no additional cost.
4. Will my existing information be transferred to the rescheduled event?
Yes, all registrations will be automatically maintained and forwarded to the rescheduled virtual event.
5. Can I still downgrade/upgrade my race distance for the virtual event; how do I change my race distance if I’m already registered?
You can run the distance of your choice.
6. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, event registration is non-refundable. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further information.
If you registered before April 2020, your entry is automatically deferred to next year’s event on April 11, 2021. Or you can have it transferred to someone else. We will send an announcement on how you can transfer your entry by email in the next coming weeks.
7. If I defer to 2021, can I change my race distance?
When you defer you will be transferred to the equivalent race distance for 2021. When registration officially opens for 2021 you can change events per our usual process, including transferring your registration to someone else.
8. If I’m unable to participate in the new virtual event, can I defer my 2020 entry to the 2021 event?
Participation in the virtual event is free of charge to already registered participants and will not affect your deferred entry to 2021. An announcement on how to redeem your 2021 entry will be communicated by email in the next coming weeks.
9. If I’m unable to participate in the 2021 event on April 11, can I transfer my entry to someone else?
Yes, an announcement on how you can transfer your entry will be communicated by email in the next coming weeks.
10. How can I register for the virtual event?
New participants will be able to register for the event beginning July 1, 2020. Registration will close on Monday, August 24, 2020.
11. What is the rate for the virtual event?
News registrations for the virtual event will be accepted at a special rate of $30.00.
12. Will the virtual event fee be cheaper than my 2020 UGM entry?
Yes, new registrants will receive a special rate for the virtual event however they will not receive an automatic entry to the 2021 event.
13. What will I receive as part of my virtual event registration?
Registered runners will receive their #UGM2020 finisher medal, bib, shirt, beach mat, event towel, and event bag.
14. When will I receive my UGM 2020 event packet?
Due to the current mandates related to COVID-19, the #UGM2020 packet pickup will be canceled until further notice. Residents of Guam will be able to pick up their event packets upon the lift of restrictions. Please look out for future announcements via email and by following our social media pages.
International registrants will receive their event packets via mail beginning the week of September 21, 2020. However, due to the impact of COVID-19, please allow up to 4-6 weeks for delivery.
15. Can I pick my shirt size?
Yes, you may select your shirt size at packet pickup. Please note, sizes will be on a first come first serve basis.
Yes, please share your desired shirt size with us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make note of it when preparing your race packet.
16. Do I need to pay a fee for shipping my packet?
There will be no shipping cost for race packets to our overseas registrants.
17. If I’m a new registrant for 2020 virtual run event, does this entitle me to an entry to the 2021?
No, registration offered for the virtual event is at a special rate.
18. What are the rules for the virtual UGM event?
- All runners must register online before Monday, August 24, 2020. No exceptions.
- Virtual race participants will NOT be able to participate in more than one (1) race distance.
- Virtual race participants may run their registered distance starting Saturday, September 5 through Sunday, September 20, 2020.
- Virtual runners may submit their results upon completion of their run or before September 20, 2020.
- Results submitted are only used for GSEI purposes. Due to the fact that the event is a virtual run, race officials are unable to substantiate race times. Therefore, individual race times will not be published. No awards will be given based on virtual results submitted.
- All registrations are final. There are no refunds allowed for the virtual race.
- Virtual race participants will be required to pick up their race packets when permitted based on the Government of Guam mandates.
19. How can I submit my time?
Participants will be responsible for tracking and timing their selected race at any time between Saturday, September 5, 2020 through Sunday, September 20, 2020. Participants may submit their results to UGM via Athlinks. A link to enter your results will be emailed to you during the week of the virtual event.
For more information about Athlinks, you may click here:
20. Will there be award medals?
No awards will be given for the virtual event.
21. Will race times be posted?
No. Due to the fact that the event is a virtual run, race officials are unable to substantiate race times. Therefore, individual race times will not be published.
22. Can I use my virtual UGM 2020 time as a qualifying time for the 2021 Boston Marathon?
23. I have made travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for the original September 13th event date, can I get assistance on this?
Those registrants that booked travel through event title sponsor United Airlines, please contact United City Ticket Office – 671 645 8123.
United City Ticket Office address
523 Chalan Pasaheru
Tiyan, GU 96913
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays, closed
For those registrants that booked travel through other airlines, please contact those airlines directly or your respective travel agent.
For any inquiries associated with hotel accommodations or other travel-related bookings, please contact those service providers directly.
24. The age on the event day for my UGM 2021 entry will be changed, will it be taken care of by the organizer?
25. When is the deadline to register for the UGM 2020 virtual event?
Online registration closes on Monday, August 24, 2020.
26. When is the 2021 event scheduled for?
Sunday, April 11, 2021.
27. When will registration open for the 2021 event?
Opening of registration for 2021 will be announced at a later date.